Curriculum development and writing
Cultural and artistic program development
Copywriting and editing
Event and trip planning
Advanced Portuguese and basic Spanish
Sweet River Consulting @ Science Skills Center High School (currently)
Community of Unity
Urban Assembly School for Collaborative Healthcare
KIPP:AMP / KIPP NYC
New Design High School
Urban Arts Partnership
Covenant House NYC
“Mind, body and spirit is the approach that Nicole takes when educating a child - an approach not often seen. Nicole is a special educator with special talents…a friend to all - peers, students, and families.”
- Ky Adderley, Founder of KIPP:AMP Academy
“Nicole is a thoughtful, creative and flexible individual who easily adjusts to fit the needs of her students.
- Tokinma Killins, Assistant Principal, East Syracuse Minoa”
We're only as good as the lives we impact. This is truly what I believe and practice in my daily work.
Over the course of my career, I have directly affected lives through the following forms of professional engagement:
- conceiving and implementing culturally responsive programming and experiential learning opportunities
- supporting staff, students and families
- improving school culture with regards to discipline
- creating meaningful partnerships
- creating avenues for fun and the celebration of self expression
- improving and cultivating relationships between community members
- promoting youth leadership and advocacy
"During my time working with her, Nicole provided a consistent, safe, inspiring space for our students. Young people and adults alike are drawn to her because of her wit, honesty, and wisdom."
– Anna Tarleton Potter, MHP
Nominated and selected for the 2016 Teachers' Academy Master Class to honor educator activists. Hosted by Kenneth Cole.
HUFFINGTON POST ARTICLES
GO AHEAD AND TELL THEM
When you work with youth, teachable moments occur all the time, and capitalizing on them becomes an art. I recently acknowledged that telling a student my age could be one such moment... Read
MY FIVE YEAR OLD BLACK SON
The reality is, our son shouldn’t and doesn’t have to hide his enthusiasm for positively identifying with blackness... Read